Sunday, September 25, 2011

Update

So now I am really back. Summers over so things have slowed down thankfully! My summers are spent bottling, pickling, freezing and making alcohol....I know...typical Irish lol. This year the harvest was better than ever so I now have enough Tomato sauce for the whole year. This is a basic list of what was made and bottled

Bottled:
Tomatoes (for pasta and pizza)
Filetto di pomodoro (tomato "fillets" which is great as a pasta sauce or pizza sauce)
peppers in oil
mushrooms in oil
mushrooms "pizziola" (with tomaotes and garlic)
cherries in alcohol
peaches in wine
aubergines in oil
Strawberry jam
marmalade
lemon curd
apricot jam
mint sauce
Ketchup (which is alot better than the shop bought even if I do say so myself!)



Freezer. My freezer is now full (and I mean full!!) with the goodness of summer! Here's some of the things I froze this summer....
Aubergines
Zucchini
Zucchini flowers
Runner and French beans
peas
peppers
tomatoes
spinach
parsnips (I brought the seeds over from Ireland as parsnips can't be found for love nor money here!)
corn
mushrooms
leeks
all my herbs so Basil, parsley, mint, sage etc

Alcohol
So here is the best bit....the alcohol! I made

Limoncello
Strawberry liquor
cherry liquor
coffee cream
mint liquor
basil liquor
Fennel Liquor

Unfortunately I haven't figured out how to freeze lettuce yet so I couldn't freeze that.......

No comments:

Post a Comment